Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fund Raising

I am so thrilled about all of the love and support I've been getting from friends and family. Last night, Jenn and I went to The Elite on Capital Hill, Seattle. It's a small bar with a big heart. Ken and Rafael, along with Kay helped set up two weekends of fundraising efforts for me and I couldn't be more thankful. This has been the first time since I've gotten sick that I feel like we're able to do something about my illness. Special thanks to John who has been so kind as to door-bell and spread the word.
I've contacted the XCell-Center and have sent them more medical info so they can review my case. Hopfully soon we will be talking about scheduling the treatment.
I've been feeling a little more fatigued these past few weeks. It's been more difficult to walk more than a block or two without becoming a little winded. And now flights of stairs pose a bit of a challenge aswell. That being said, I am really feeling good mentally lately, the efforts everyone has put forth have really been a boost to morale. Thank you all so much!
This is a new blog and I will keep it updated with all of the latest news about my condition, fundraising, and treatment info. I'll also make a few 'catch-up' posts to fill in all of the things that have been happening lately.

Tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment